All of these people have better things to say than me.
- DailyKos cites Al Sharpton criticizing the disparity between our treatment of one white women and thousands of poor blacks.
- Shakespeare’s Sister lambastes the Social Darwinism popularized by cunts like Grover Norquist.
- Sploid is scandalized that FEMA is directing people to donate to The Extremely Reverend Pat Robert’s “Operation Blessing.” Stick with the Red Cross, folks.
- Liberal Blogs for Hurricane Relief keeps a constant ticker of monies raised. Go ahead and donate.
- PZ Meyers cites the 2001 article by Scientific American that warns that a strong storm could, um, flood New Orleans.
- Wonkette mentions the disparaging attitude that rescue have towards the Bushies right now. OK, so maybe diverting funds from levee maintenance to the “War on Terror” wasn’t such a good idea…
- Crooks & Liars applauds Anderson Cooper for yelling at the ever-vapid Mary Landrieu. Note to politicians: please stop fellating yourselves and do something. Thanks.
- Michael Barnett blogs from New Orleans, and it’s not pretty.