1. Poorly built, possibly over-complex.
2. Unpleasant, especially to the
touch, often with encrusted junk. Like spilled coffee smeared with
peanut butter and catsup.
3. Generally unpleasant.
To manipulate or adjust, to tweak.One frequently frobs bits or other 2-state devices. Thus: “Please frob the light switch” (that is, flip it), but also “Stop frobbing that clasp; you’ll break it”. One also sees the construction “to frob a frob”.
A slang word meaning awry or askew, as in “the newspapers were all cattywampus” on the floor. The word cattywampus may be used to imply crazy or chaotic.
1. Suffering the effects of, or derived from, or suggestive of gross intemperance, especially in drinking; as, a crapulous stomach.
2. Marked by gross intemperance, especially in drinking; as, a crapulous old reprobate.
1. Pertaining to twilight; glimmering; hence, imperfectly clear or luminous.
2. (Zoology) Flying in the twilight or evening, or before sunrise; — said certain birds and insects.
1. The essence, nature, or distinctive peculiarity, of a thing.
2. A trifling nicety; a cavil; a quibble.
1. Nearness in place; neighborhood; proximity.
2. Nearness in time.
3. Nearness of blood; kindred; affinity.
Manual dexterity in the execution of tricks; sleight of hand; legerdemain.
1. Of or pertaining to prostitutes; having to do with prostitutes.
2. Alluring by false show; gaudily and deceitfully ornamental; tawdry; as, meretricious dress or ornaments.
Covered with hair; set with bristles; shaggy; hairy.
To howl, as a dog or a wolf; to wail; as, ululating jackals.
The estimation of something as valueless.